Monday, March 9, 2009

Battle of the Bands

My weekend trip to AZ, allowed me the pleasure of seeing my little brother's Battle of the Bands at Mesa High. What a delight! The trip was well worth it just for that lunchtime performance in the campus amphitheater. These guys have been working their little fingers to the bone to get ready for this day, and their work certainly paid off. It was a beautiful day for rock n' roll, and they melted everyone's faces off. They played three original songs and an additional van halen cover, "hot for teacher." After the performance was over, they were announced one of the top 3 finalists to play on Tuesday for the final competition. The students get to vote the winner, so we will see what happens... whatever happens, these kids will put on a good show.

I can't take credit for these pics. I left my camera in utah. Jake took them. Thanks man.


"get away"

This song is epic. A lot of it reminds me of Pink Floyd.






"feel it"

This one got cut off short because the disc ran ran out. It's really too bad. The end is killer.





It was such a fun day. I am so proud of these little punks. It's been amazing to watch them grow up and turn into superstars, and I'm sure there are only bigger and better things to come. I'm going to post more pics later. I have a lot more to post about this weekend.

No comments: