Mike, being the good uncle that he is, took me and Sky on a little cultural excursion to the streets of downtown Hollywood. We took a few detours to see the sights in Chinatown and Sunset Blvd., which is Sky's personal favorite (Tons o' guitar shops). It was a good time and a good photo op:
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Okay Brace yourselves. Some of this may come as a shock. I hope none of you will change your opinion of me, and love me for who I really am. All right. I'm confessing....
Things I feel ashamed for not liking:
1. Taco Bell
2. Harry Potter
4. pool parties
6. the chocolate chips in chocolate chip cookies
7. that "I kissed a girl" song
8. baby carrots... or any carrots for that matter.
9. That "525, 600 minutes" song.... ugh! shoot me in the face.
10. all the "Go Green" propaganda. Please stop.
11. Brad Pitt and Matthew McConaughey. I never thought they were hot, and I never will. I don't see what all the fuss is about.
12. Will Ferrelll. With the exception of Elf and maybe a few other films/skits, I don't think he is funny.
13. Sonic commercials. I didn't know that people actually thought they were funny.
14. Those awful trojan warrior-looking sandals that I've been seeing in fashion everywhere. These are really hip right now. I tried to be open minded, but I just can't like them.
Things I should be ashamed for liking:
1. The O.C.
2. the sorry excuse for burgers at McDonald's/Burger King that only cost 49 cents.
3. kids movies
4. the greasy hole-in-the-wall mexican food, wherever it can be found...
6. America's Next Top Model
7. Almost everything in the organic section at the grocery store
10. Global Warming
11. The Scion XB
12. Sleeping on the couch
13. diagramming sentences.
14. Those trunk monkey commercials, or anything with anthropomorphized animals.
Feel free to confess your personal shame, or lack thereof, in the comment section.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Okay, Everybody says that these cars are weird or ugly, but I find them quite charming. Actually, I used to share the opinions of my critical peers, but I have had a change of heart. Something about the modern, geometric body is just endearing about this vehicle. I love the white ones. They look like iMacs on wheels. Surely, if apple started designing automobiles, they would look something like this. I'm also phased that the design of the car is engineered for superb acoustics. (Any Music Lovers in the house?) So those of you who are not tolerant of these boxy-like buggies, I'm coming out of the closet... I like them, and I don't care what you think! Ladies n' Gentlemen.... it's different.... it's daring.... it's the Scion XB.
I really like the 2006 model. Come on guys, give 'em a chance!
Thursday, July 10, 2008
In Physics today, we watched the same program that Brian Reagan, stand-up comedian, is about to speak to you about in this video. The subject matter of that particular program happened to be on quantum physics and string theory. I had to buckle my seat belt for that hour of class because it was some of the insanest-freak science stuff I've ever heard of. I share Brian's reaction. If you ever get sucked into PBS's science series NOVA, I offer you my advice-- In the words of Samuel L. Jackson.... "Hold onto your butts!"