Tuesday, February 15, 2011

good girlfriends

Good girlfriends get up at seven in the morning and ride their roommate's beach cruiser to Southend Market in their pajamas with no make-up and no bra to buy ingredients to make a delicious Valentine's cheesecake for their boyfriends.


No, I was not at all prepared for V-day. We were in California all weekend.
No, I do not own a car.
Yes, people were staring. I looked like a goon in my get-up and the grocery sacks tied to the handlebars.
No, I had never even made a cheesecake before in my entire life.

But I'm a good girlfriend.

2 comments:

Jacob Robinson said...

yes you are and that cheesecake was indescribable... thank you!

Musing Elitist said...

i wish you took a picture. if you did, email me it. i promise not to show anyone and destroy it afterwards.