Tuesday, January 10, 2012

private dance party

Got home from work last night. empty house. took off my work badge. put on this song. 

had a one-girl dance party.



After my private dance sesh, I called Jacob and our conversation went something like this:


J: I'll be home in a few minutes. Whatcha doing?

H: nothin... just got home [panting and sounding extremely out-of-breath from dancing so hard]

J: did you have to run home? you sound like you're out of breath!

H: well. . . i was just doing some. . . physical activity.

J: Huh? What do you mean, physical activity?

H: Nothing! Don't worry about it!

J: Come on.

H: I was just. . . dancing.

J: [lots of laughter] Why wouldn't you tell me? You don't have to be ashamed of that!

H: yes I do!

J: Why?

H: cuz you'll laugh at me!


When I was single, I could get away with this kind of "physical activity" completely undetected, all the time. But I guess when you're married you can't keep much secret--not even your secret one-girl dance parties.

 At least, when he got home he gave me a good audience.

No comments: