Thursday, May 16, 2013

Rose's First Bath

Okay. Maybe not her first bath, but it was mine and Jacob's first time bathing her at home, I guess. Precious times with the family, right? Jacob enthusiastically took the wheel with this one, and I sat nearby to capture it. We found out quickly that Rose does not like baths one bit! She was pretty furious with us.




"SAVE ME!!!"



I was glad to be the one to wrap her up in a warm towel at the end. She actually seemed to enjoy that part.

This pic is so sad/funny/cute the same time. Poor baby.

Hopefully the next bath time isn't so traumatic for her.
After the last one I sincerely wondered if she would ever trust us again.

5 comments:

Afton LeSueur said...

She is so beautiful!

I don't know if this will help, but Violet hated her first few baths too, but the water was pretty cool because I was afraid of hurting her. As soon as I started using warmer water, she loved it.

Amber Marie said...

what a gorgeous baby! bathing with a bow in her hair, what a diva :)

Anna Jay said...

best line: SAVE ME!

Whenever I read your blog posts, Holli, I find myself wondering what my life would sound like if you narrated it for me. I'd definitely blog more often.

Love to you and cuddling your newborn bebeh.

Unknown said...

the picture with the washcloth hahaha love it

Angela D said...

If you do baths in the sink (or put a barrier in the tub to block off a section-find on Amazon or Pinterest or something) you can cover her with more water (=warmer) and use less water doing so than the tub.