Monday, September 24, 2012

Anniversary Road Trip: ZIONS NAT'L PARK

The final stop on our grand road trip was Zions National Park. Our original plan was to hike the narrows; however, because of flash flood warnings, we decided to decline. I didn't want our trip to turn into an episode of I Shouldn't Be Aliveeven though it's probably one of my favorite shows on TV. Instead, we opted for a short, breezy hike to the Emerald Pools. After two weeks of tons of driving and sight-seeing, this turned out to be a good choice for us. Nothin too crazy. Just a nice stroll in the land of the red rocks.


the hike to the pools was a refreshing mist trail

As usual, Jacob had to get soaked.


I think my favorite part of the hike was when we found a quiet, 
shady spot near a pool and took a nap on a giant boulder. 
Sometimes I just gotta nap. 


red rock views.

Found this little guy near the trail. He was pretty good at camouflaging.

I couldn't leave without visiting the stables! This horse loved me.

Found a little orchard-market on our way out of the park and bought this delectable cup of mango gelato. Just what the doctor ordered.

We could've spent more time exploring Zions, but we had to admit it to ourselveswe were ready to go home. After two weeks of adventure, I was aching for Provo. I never thought I'd say it, but it really feels like home now. As we drove back into town, it was amazing to see the red-orange patches appearing on the mountains and the pee wee football players practicing in the park. Fall came while we were gone! Glad we made that last stretch of summer count, but I'm ready for a new season. I wonder what year two of marriage has in store for us. Good things, I reckon.

Whew! Well, I'm finally done with these road trip posts.
Are you relieved? I am.

No comments: