Monday, July 16, 2012

Magic Song: A PLACE IN THE SUN

Some people are "album people." Some people are "mix people." Some people will love a certain band or artist's music until the day they die (they are called "fans"). After much thought, I have decided that I am just a song person. Not that I don't appreciate a well-crafted album or mix, and there are certainly a handful of artists that I gravitate tobut I find my greatest joy in the world of music is discovering a well-crafted song. A "magic song," you might say.

I kinda inadvertently started this mini-series on my blog, but I think I'd like to keep it going as a way of keeping track of all the best songs I discover. Of course, everything I post will distinctly be of my own taste and opinion, which isn't always very sophisticated. If a song resonates with me, I will probably love it. Many of the songs that "resonate" also bring back personal memories.

Now that I have somewhat explained myself, please enjoy one of my favorite songs of all time...


Old school Stevie Wonder just warms my heart. When I hear this song, I think of Spring '10my pedestrian dayswalking to campus everyday with my ipod. Winter was over. The sun was out. This song made me feel the goodness of it all.

1 comment:

leean robinson said...

You crack me up that you like all these old songs! I love this song too. I think our tastes in music are somewhat similar so keep your music picks coming.