Wednesday, February 15, 2012

bbq chicken mexican pizza

This started as an experiment, and has become one of our quick "go-to" meals that we have regularly. It's quick, fool-proof, and so so tasty. 



All you gotta do is take a tortilla (i like using the uncooked kind) and top it with bbq suace + cheese + grilled chicken pieces + onion + corn + green chiles. Bake in the oven until cheese is melted and tortilla is slightly crispy. Top it off with chopped cilantro, and voila! Deilicious bbq pizza.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love Slab Pizza in Provoespecially the New Mexico Green Chile pizza, which has a lot of the same toppings as my invention. Because Jacob and I have a budget and are limiting the amount of times we eat out each month, this has basically become my "Slab fix." The flavorful toppings and thin tortilla crust kind of have the same appeal. Try it try it!

No comments: