Tuesday, February 28, 2012

change my hair—do i dare?

So I have been toying with the idea of changing my hair lately, but basically, I am a huge wimp about it. I guess after years of having one hairstyleblonde/long/curlyit kind of becomes your identity. However, I am starting to feel a little bored, or rather, trapped behind the bars of "blonde-dom. " See picture below:

Holli trapped behind the bars of blonde-dom, yearning for new hairstyle.

However, there was a year of my life when I went rogue. I broke the blonde mold and tried some new hair colors that I loved. First, I went "gold." This color kind of happened by accident. I asked the girl at Paul Mitchell to give me a more natural golden blonde color, and she turned my head into a shiny penny! I had one friend describe this color as "dirty red"a red that lost its virginity. I loved it, and told myself I would never go blonde again.

These are kind of embarassing pictures, but give me a little break. I was 18, first semester freshman year, living in a dorm by myself. AKA taking embarrassing pics of myself was my hobby. 

And then there was this short period of my life when I went brunette on everyone. People at school had a hard time believing I had ever been a blonde. When I went home from college, people didn't even recognize meand I loved it. I felt like a completely different person. I even had a few people tell me they liked me better as a brunette. But again, it faded out and I eventually ended up going blonde againwhich actually was the result of another Paul Mitchell accident. Why did I ever go there?!? 

my brunette "disguise."

So there's the evidence. There was a time in my life when I deviated from the blonde/curly trademark. But can I go back?

1 comment:

Jordyn said...

You could rock any color, guaranteed. Plus, I had those Scottish snowflake mittens!!!